Sunday, March 10, 2013

Planting Beans


 Today we planted Climbing Kentucky Beans.
First we put soil into our groups pot.
Then we pushed our seeds into the soil.  It made a lot of mess!
Next, we said a little karakia and sang a song to our beans.
Finally we watered them!
We can't wait to see what happens.

 Here is what we wonder about our beans...
*Will they taste nice or bitter?
*Will they grow to the sky?
*Will they grow berries?
*Will they grow short or tall?

 *Will they grow in any season?
*Will they grow olives?
*Will they grow vegetables?
*Will they grow fruit?
*Will they grow beans?




2 comments:

  1. Wow. Kentucky beans! I have never heard of them. They sound interesting and delicious! We also planted seeds in Room 16. You can come over and have a peek at them and maybe sing them a song too. What else do your seeds need in order to grow?

    I wonder if you know !

    From Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacqui Watson (Jaimes mum)March 12, 2013 at 5:35 PM

    Yum Room 7,

    I love beans! My favourite bean is Edamame. They are best lightly boiled, sprinkled with olive oil and a little salt. I like to pop them out of the shell right in my mouth. Jaime likes them shelled (taken out of the shell and put in a bowl) first.

    My bean-growing song would go something like this

    Bean, bean, you are so green
    Grow big and yummy, for my tummy

    What is your bean-growing song?

    Jacqui Watson

    ReplyDelete